Cemetery

Picture of Headstones in Sprowston Cemetery

Sprowston Cemetery

The Council owns a 6-acre civil cemetery in Church Lane, which is open to receive the remains of both residents and non-residents. A small area remains unconsecrated for non-faith interment.  The cemetery is situated next to St. Mary and St. Margaret’s parish church and is maintained by the Council’s grounds staff who also manage the adjacent closed churchyard.

Sprowston cemetery was opened shortly after the Second World War in 1946 following the closure of the parish churchyard. An extension was added in the 1970’s followed by a further six acres in 2011 to cope with demand.

A copy of the Cemetery Rules and Regulations is listed below together with all relevant application forms.